NORWICH UNIVERSITY TO AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS TO XMC CADETS
Effective with the 2020-2021 Academic Year, Norwich University will offer:
* A $8,000 scholarship ($2,000 annually x 4 years) to ANY qualified XMC Cadet recommended by the Camp Commander.
* One $20,000 scholarship ($5,000 annually x 4 years) to ONE XMC Cadet selected by the Camp Commander.
* Satisfactory completed SIX weeks of training with Extreme Military Challenge! Waivers may be authorized for Cadets who are currently high school seniors with only one year with XMC who have attended at least 4 weeks to include the Cadet Field Leader Course.
* Meet all academic requirements for admission to Norwich University. https://www.norwich.edu/admissions
* Submit minimum 1,000 word essay on "Living the Army Values as an XMC Cadet."
-- To receive the recommendation by the Camp Commander for either scholarship you will need to submit the essay as a .pdf to email@example.com with the subject line "Cadet (Last Name, First Name) Norwich University Scholarship Letter". In the body of the e-mail please include your mailing address, email and a phone number.
Norwich University is the Military College of Vermont. A private university in Northfield, Vermont, it is the oldest private military college in the United States, founded in 1819. Norwich University is the oldest of six senior military colleges and is recognized by the United States Department of Defense as the "Birthplace of ROTC."
Extreme Military Challenge! offers a series of high-adventure military-based camps for young men and women age 13-18. Located at Camp Liberty in Battleground Alabama, Extreme Military Challenge! is the premier location worldwide for military-based experiential training for teens. For several years Cadets from Norwich have been given internship opportunities with Extreme Military Challenge! as assistants to experienced staff members. The Cadre of Extreme Military Challenge! are excited to see more of our XMC Cadets choose Norwich University as their path to pursue their call to service.
For questions please call 855-XMC-CAMP.